[Wan Qing CultureFest 2019] Balestier Heritage Trail
#DidYouKnow that the 3.3-metre Buddha statue in the Maha Sasanaramsi Burmese Buddhist Temple is the largest marble Buddha statue outside of Myanmar?
Join us as we explore the rich history and origins of Balestier from as early as 1835. From landmarks like Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) to the Maha Sasanaramsi Burmese Buddhist Temple, delve into the architectural and cultural developments these places went through over time to give Balestier the unique charm it holds today.
If these images have sparked a thirst for some historical immersion in you, take the Balestier Heritage Trail for yourself to experience it all!
This edition of the Balestier Heritage Trail is organised in conjunction with Wan Qing CultureFest 2019. For more details on Wan Qing CultureFest programmes, click here.
Please take note of the following:
- Each ticket ($5.00) admits 1 participant
- Each participant will receive a bottle of mineral water and traditional snacks as part of the tour
- Tour will be conducted in English or Mandarin. Each tour is limited to a maximum of 15 participants (i.e. 15 participants for English tour and 15 participants for Mandarin tour)
- Kindly arrive 15 minutes early as the tour will begin on time
- Do wear comfortable walking shoes and bring along a bottle of water
- Walk-ins and cash payment will not be accepted
- Participants are responsible for their own safety during the tour. In the event of an emergency, please approach the trail guide for assistance.
- In the event of inclement weather, participants will be advised to seek shelter until further instructions are given
- No videography or voice recording of the trail is allowed
[ Sat ] - [ Sun ]
10:30 AM - 12:00 PM SGT
- Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Reception Area (Meeting Point)
2 November (English) $5.00 3 November (Chinese) $5.00 9 November (English) $5.00 10 November (Chinese) $5.00
- Venue Address
- 12 Tai Gin Road Singapore